This healthy protein pancake recipe is perfect for a tasty, high protein breakfast. It’s even better because it’s allergen friendly: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free and Vegetarian! They will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator (just a quick 30-second reheat) and up to 6 months in the freezer.
Having a high protein breakfast is a HUGE need when focusing on improving your metabolism, hunger cues, and overall health! Learn more about why protein is SO important in my post about protein intake.
Personally, I don’t like to have to “read through” or scroll a million times to get all the way down to the actually recipe details and instructions. I’m going to make this nice, simple, and painless. Scroll below this photo to see the full recipe details.
PROTEIN PANCAKE RECIPE
This recipe takes about 15-30 minutes to prep and cook.
- .5 cups Gluten Free Powder (with Xanthan Gum)
- 2 scoops Protein Powder
- 1 TBSP Ground Flaxseed
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Dairy Free Milk of Choice (I prefer Good Karma Flaxseed Milk + Protein)
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup or Honey
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Optional Toppings: berries, bananas, maple syrup, nut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (gluten free powder, protein powder, ground flaxseed, and baking powder) and stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients (egg, maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla extract, and milk) and stir to combine.
- Pour 3 – 4 small pancakes into a hot greased pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes on each side or until puffed and fluffy. (Optional: sprinkle some chocolate chips on each pancake to bake inside!)
- When done baking, set aside and repeat until all batter is used.
If you like this recipe, you’d love my allergen friendly/vegan Sweet Potato Brownie Recipe.