This healthy donut recipe is so sweet and tasty, just like a “real” donut — but even better, because it is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, and Vegan! They will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator and up to 6 months in the freezer.
Personally, I don’t like to have to “read through” or scroll a million times to get all the way down to the actually recipe details and instructions. I’m going to make this nice, simple, and painless. Scroll below this photo to see the full recipe details.
HEALTHY DONUT RECIPE
This recipe takes about 45 minutes to prep and cook.
- 2.5 cups Gluten Free Powder (with Xanthan Gum)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- .5 cup Maple Syrup
- .25 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Dairy Free Milk of Choice (I used Almond Milk)
Maple Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Maple Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- .5 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP Dairy Free Milk of Choice (I used Almond Milk)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry donut ingredients (gluten free powder, salt, baking powder) and stir to combine.
- Add the wet donut ingredients (maple syrup, olive oil, and milk) and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased donut pan. I bought this one from Amazon.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the oven.
- When done baking, leave in the pan and allow it to cool completely (about 15-20 minutes)
After baking, they should look like this:
- While the donuts are cooking and cooling, create the frosting.
- Combine all the frosting ingredients into a small bowl.
- When donuts are cooled, dip the donuts head-first into the bowl, and then pul out and set on parchment paper.
- Complete Step 3 multiple times until all donuts are frosted. By this time, the first donuts should have hardened, dip a second time for all donuts.
If you like this recipe, you’d love my allergen friendly/vegan Sweet Potato Brownie Recipe.